Admit it—all those meetings are mind-numbing. So other than slurping coffee by the gallon, what can i-yankees.com/ you do to snap out of brain fog, sharpen your wits and have a little fun while you’re at it? Brainiac game apps ought to do it!
Here is a list of 25 intelligent game apps to get you started.
1. Plague. This plague spread simulator will scare you when you realize this is exactly how deadly infections spread around the world. Use your strategy skills–as the infection’s chief strategist–in the ultimate role reversal. jje-boutique.com Free.
dua. Mind Games. This collection of games is based on cognitive psychology principles. Some are designed to enhance certain skills, such as math skills, while others generally flex your mind and/or improve your memory. Free.
3. Mahjong Solitaire. Test your observation and masalah-solving skills with this famous Chinese tile game. There are over 150 boards all beautifully designed and mentally stimulating. The game has four levels from kiddie to hard. And they mean it when they say “hard.” Free.
4. True or False – Test Your Wits. Build your general knowledge builder and spin-proof your mind. Pick your topic and race the clock in deciding if the “facts” are true or not. Free.
5. What’s the Phrase?From the makers of Words with Friends and Scramble with Friends comes this new word game. Pit your speed in figuring out the phrase against that of your friends. There are lots of categories to choose from too. Free.
6. Can You Escape? The object of this game is to break out of each of the rooms using hidden objects revealed by solving puzzles. Can you do it? Free.
7. Flow Free. How good are your concentration and spatial reasoning? You’ll find out with this game. Connect matching colors to form pipes. Cover the board with pipes to solve the puzzle. But watch out! Pipes will break if they cross or overlap. Free.
8. 4 Pics 1 Song. Guess the title of the song from four picture clues. The more song puzzles you successfully complete the more coins you’ll earn. Coins are good for additional hints on harder puzzles later. Free.
9. Words with Friends. This “delightfully addictive” app is social gaming at its best. Similar to Scrabble, it requires you to make words from seven randomly chosen tiles, and you can chat with your friends in the game too. Free.
10. Bejeweled Blitz. This popular game by PopCap asks you to match three or more jewels in a row to eliminate them from the board. See how many points you can rack up in 60 seconds. Free.
11. Bubble Paradise. Use this bubble-shooter on the easy setting if you just want the satisfaction of blowing up things on your screen, or switch to harder levels if you want to test your puzzle solving skills against the clock. Free.
12. Tetris. A re-imagined oldie but goodie puzzle game that will keep you entertained–and challenged–for hours. Free.
13. 4 Pics 1 Word. Four pictures have something in common but what is it? Test your powers of deduction and your vocabulary too. Free.
14. Word Search. This top-notch word search game offers oodles of dynamic grids. And it’s easy on the eyes while tough on the brain. Free.
15. Unblock Me. Move the boards around to set the red block free. Think that’s easy? You might be surprised. Free.
16. Floors Escape. Quick, you have to break out and get to the next floor in the building. But how? Pick up items you can creatively use as escape tools on this floor or others. What items do you need? You’ll have to figure that out. Free.
17. Tetris Blitz. Can’t get enough Tetris? This version challenges you to eliminate as many lines as you can before time runs out. Free.
18. Sudoku. Ah yes, Sudoku, the most popular of all number puzzles. The levels go from super easy to brain-crushing extreme. Up to the challenge? Go for it. Free.
19. Riddle Me That. Answer each riddle to advance in the game. Some riddles are corny but worth the giggles, others are befitting of a sphinx. All will make you think. Free.
20. Scrabble. You remember the Scrabble board game, don’t you? Now it’s in app form with chat and Facebook connections too. Test your word and puzzle skills against your friends anywhere you like. Free.
21. IQ Test – What’s my IQ? Think you’re smart? Find out how smart by taking this IQ test. Free.
22. Dominoes. Everyone has seen the playing pieces in dominoes but you may not have realized it is a logic game. Improve your critical thinking skills with this game, and you’ll soon find the effort paying off in the real-world. Free.
23. Chess Free. The ultimate game of strategy is now available on your phone and tablet. This app uses the Treebeard Chess engine (the same one used in Microsoft’s MSN Chess) for a more human-like machine opponent. You can also play against your friends. Don’t know how to play chess? This app is also a great tutor. Free.
24. Checkers Free. This centuries-old game is still fun today and just as adept at building your mental skills as ever. Play against the machine or your real-world friends. Free.
25. Puzzle Retreat. Fill the beautiful wooden puzzles on your screen with all the blocks you’re given. Can you make them all fit? It’s an excellent exercise in spatial reasoning, and it’s beautiful to look at too. Free.
When you get done playing, you’ll soon realize that your mind is so strong and agile that no opponent in the real world could possibly outthink you.